What’s the difference between a life and living a life? Other than one is a state of being and the other is an action. Well, I’ve been thinking about that a lot lately and when it’s my time to leave this earth, before I go, I’d like to be able to say that I was always living. I was given a life and it is truly up to me to LIVE IT. I want to be able to say that I SPENT EACH and every day LIVING.
- I want to wake up each day and soak it in, the entire day, make the most of it, as if I was sitting in the sun and could feel it’s warmth and brightness soak into my body.
- I want to spend the time with the people I truly love and don’t worry about trying to have relationships with those that don’t value me. I want to form many deep relationships and enjoy their company as often as I can. I don’t want to lose a minute of all this life has to offer me and all I have to offer it.
- I want to listen more deeply, see more deeply, feel more deeply, and love more deeply as I am a sensitive soul and don’t want to take those abilities for granted ever again.
- I want to experience the world and everything it has. And, I want to do this EVERY SINGLE DAY. I want to be awake to beauty around me, the trees, the sky, the architecture of nature, the people who want to be a part of my life and my circle. Have you ever truly looked at a tree when it has no leaves? It has grown in many different directions and mostly those directions are upward and outward. I too want to grow upward and outward to understand life and to live.
- I want to be a thinker in this world and I want to learn from everything and everyone around me. I want to develop a deep understanding of people and a deep understanding of life whether I am in line in a store, in church, in a deep and meaningful conversation with a friend, or sitting on the patio looking at the architecture of the trees. What I want most is to, in the end, know that I embraced everything that life had to offer and that I didn’t waste even a minute on trying to be something or trying to be someone I am not. We are all unique and I love my uniqueness and everything I am.
- I want to wake up each and every day and embark on a new journey…a journey that never wastes another minute. A journey that uses the gifts I have been given.
- YES! Today, Tomorrow, and the rest of my life, I will not take anyone that wants to be in my life for granted and I will embrace life and soak in everything it has to offer, the people, the beauty of nature, the abundance of knowledge and the excitement of learning. TODAY, TOMORROW and each day thereafter, I will wake up to a brand new beautiful world to learn and to explore. I am thankful for the gift of life so that I can spend it LIVING!